Since 1998 I have been a Fullstack Website Developer.
The main stack I have developed on during my career is a combinations of:
I developed this Blog to learn different languages and frameworks.
Overall, this new stack includes:
- Ubuntu / Apache
All the code for this and my other projects are found on my GitHub account.
Here's a breakdown of each repo:
The website you are reading this blog on is using the following technologies:
- Next.js framework
(next.js repo code)
Express API / MySQL
All the data for this blog is stored in a MySQL database I designed, together with functions, stored procedures and triggers (repo code).
I developed a simple Node.js Express REST API, to communicate with MySQL, that the blog uses to build the content and store comments (repo code).
A simple stock checker.
CF Wheels / MySQL - cf.carlosvazquez.org
Previous version of this blog using:
- CF Wheels Rails Framework
- Javascipt / JQuery
Cake PHP - admin.carlosvazquez.org
Simple CMS admin to edit blog posts here.
PromGirl.com / SimplyDresses.com / KleinfeldBridalParty.com 2015 - present
- Sass / SCSS
- Bergen Logistics
- Returns RA system
- Checkout processing
- Inventory receives/tracking
- Email, Search and Shipping APIs
LocateAdoc.com / PracticeDock.com 1998 - 2015
(Note: These websites have since been sold and rebranded.)
The old code from 10 years ago is in (repo code), using the following stack:
- MySQL ( I misplaced the DB design )
- Linux (RedHat / Apache)
- Content Management - Developed a custom CMS to edit content/copy on most pages
- Site Search - Developed a custom search of all relevant content (search/results?key=+Laser+Vision+Correction)
- Ask A Doctor - Developed the entire Ask A Doctor System, including the admin (/ask-a-doctor)
- Mobile Website - Created a Mobile Friendly version of all LocateADoc.com's pages.
- Account Setup Wizard - When you search for a doctor on LocateADoc.com, that information is managed on PracticeDock.com. I am solely responsible for the coding that manages the doctor's listings and profiles.
- Blog - The blog section of LocateADoc.com uses Wordpress as an admin. Although it doesn't look like Wordpress, we edited the content in Wordpress, then query the Blog content from the Wordpress tables to display on the website.
I setup a Wordpress site for the volunteer organization eco-action.net. I did some minimal editing to the theme selected, including adding/overriding some custom CSS styles, and inserting some static content in.